Happy Sunday everyone… Below an interview with one of Jooners most special supporters, Dori E. Read on to be inspired by how much one person can do for a community.
Dori, we are honored that you have put your trust in Jooners. Thank you!
Here is Dori in her own words……
I have two kids (girls), one is 10 and the other is 14. My older daughter plays competitive volleyball and is beginning to take guitar lessons and my younger daughter has played the piano for several years and is on our church’s Bible Drill team. My husband and I own a construction business and I do all the financial/human resources for the firm. I am on three PTO boards (both my kids current schools and my daughter’s new high school for next year), we have three dogs, one horse and a fish.
1) How did you first hear about Jooners?
Google! I needed a sign up sheet for a school/PTO event and I googled sign up sheets. I thought I would find a paper-type sheet, and I found Jooners. After looking at it, I realized it would work really well for what I needed.
2) What do you use Jooners for?
I use Jooners for personal sign ups sheets (friends getting together/meal sign ups, volleyball team snacks, etc), PTO needs (volunteers, food sign ups, etc), and church functions such as party food sign ups and youth events. For example, I am currently using a sign up sheet for a youth event that takes place in several homes and we need food brought to each home.
3) Has using Jooners made your life easier? If so, how?
Yes! Jooners has made coordinating events so easy for me. Not using a paper sign up sheet means that I don’t have to worry about losing this particular piece of paper. Not using email means that I don’t deal with”reply all” emails and duplicate sign ups etc. Also, I no longer have to make reminder phone calls so people don’t forget what they signed up for. That is the best!
4) What are the three most important things you have learned in your volunteering efforts?
- Do the job smarter, not harder.
- The easier it is for people to volunteer, the more likely they will help out again
- Organization is an important part of scheduling volunteers. It they feel it is chaotic and unorganized, they may not help again.
5) What advice do you have for those new to organizing?
Although, I already said this, it is so important to find ways to make your work/job easier, not more difficult. Jooners is certainly a tool to make life easier.